// // Google Autoads

Sunday, December 15, 2019 - Welcome, guest user!

The mighty Titan has been disassembled.

Monday, December 10, 2007 by  
Filed under Daily Blog


Yesterday Lisa and I buckled down and worked almost all day long. First we cleaned the house, and then we resumed packing. My focus yesterday was on the home gym. First I took down all the mirrors, the clock and the accessories that I had hanging on the wall (wrist wraps, straps, ropes, boxing gloves and so on).

I’m tossing the mirrors, and in the new house I will put up a couple large mirrors instead of a bunch of smaller ones. I think that will look better, and will result in less holes in the drywall.

There are dozens of drywall repairs in the gym, and I started on those yesterday as well. Some of them are going to require a little more spackle after I sand them down. Once the drywall is full repaired, I’ll have to paint the room. The floor is trashed and will be thrown away, so at least I won’t have to worry about getting paint on the floor!

While I was in the gym working, I kept eying the Titan and began formulating a plan for disassembling it – a daunting project, to be sure. I had planned to wait until a little closer to the move to disassemble the Titan, but the more I thought about it the more I realized that I couldn’t wait any longer. There are only a little over two weeks to go before we move – I’ve only got two weekends left! I started making a mental list of all the things that we still need to do, and I couldn’t figure out a good time to fit tearing down the gym in. I honestly had no idea how long it would take, and so I concluded that it needed to happen now while I had the time…

Titan: Disassembled

Titan: Disassembled

The disassembly process was not as bad as I thought it would be. It took between two and three hours. I just proceeded logically from the top downward (except for the sliding bench, which I removed first). I called Lisa in to help support a beam or two as I removed bolts, but 90% of it was a one-man job. I don’t think reassembly is going to be nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. I didn’t have to disassemble it to the degree required to ship it to me, so much of the initial assembly work will not need to be repeated. Of course some of these partially assembled pieces are extremely heavy, so I’m glad my buddy Chris (1FastGTX) will be helping me with the move and the reassembly process.

I’ll still be able to do cardio, and I may do some dumbbell work, but for the most part I will be taking a few weeks off from strength training. I’ll probably resume my workouts about a week after the move – early January. I don’t think a few weeks off at this juncture is a bad thing. It will likely do more good than harm to take a little break. I’ve had some nagging injuries – pain in my right lat, left wrist pain, pain in my right hip – that don’t prevent me from training, so I don’t mention them much, if at all. The injuries are still annoying, so I’m hopeful they will heal up with a few weeks of rest.

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...

You must be logged in to post a comment. Not yet a member? Registration is fast and free!