// // Google Autoads

Saturday, January 25, 2020 - Welcome, guest user!

Massive water shed; Pre-bulk workouts; Poor Lisa; Turtle has cancer.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 by  
Filed under Daily Blog


I mentioned yesterday that I put on a little over 10 pounds during the four short days of the JSF cruise. As I also mentioned yesterday, I was on vacation the rest of last week after we returned from the cruise, and continued to eat whatever I felt like (mostly what I’d consider junk foods). Despite eating tons of buttered popcorn, BBQ, hamburgers and french fries, I still lost two pounds of my post-cruise water weight last week. I guess that shows just how much food and drink I was consuming while on the cruise. Anyway, yesterday was my first day back on my regular clean diet and this morning I woke up 5 pounds lighter than I was yesterday morning. I knew most of the weight I put on was just water weight, so it doesn’t surprise me that of the 10.6 pounds I gained during the cruise I’ve already lost 7 of them. I’ll probably lose a little more water weight over the next couple of days. I suspect only put on around two pounds of fat.

Speaking of the JSF cruise, if you missed yesterday’s update I linked to all the photos, videos and stories. You can check it all out in the Official 2008 JSF Cruise Pictures and Videos Thread. Please keep in mind that there is some strong language and other stuff that you might possibly find offensive.

I’m back in the gym now, and I’ve got a little less than 5 weeks before my 2008 bulking phase starts (September 29, 2008). I’ve decided that for the next 5 weeks I’m going to focus on strength building. I’ll be eating at, or slightly above, maintenance level calories, and doing mostly compound/Olympic lifts in the 4-6 rep range using very heavy weight. Rest intervals will be fairly long at 2 or 3 minutes.

I’ll be posting my 2008 bulking food logs, supplement intake and training plans sometime over the next few weeks.

Poor Lisa. She was on her way home early this morning, exhausted after an entire day of traveling as she made her way back home from her business trip in Mexico. It was almost 1:00 AM, when I got a panicked call from her Assistant Manager. Her assistant said the police had just called her (damn near gave me a heart attack, I thought Lisa had been in an accident), and Lisa’s store had been broken in to. Long story short, Lisa – just minutes from home – had to divert to her store and was there until 5:00 AM this morning while the police did their work and the big window was replaced. She had to get up just two hours later and is about to leave to go back to work. Bunch of savages in this town.

I have to get going – Turtle needs to be at the vet early this morning. I haven’t mentioned it here, but our dear dog Turtle was diagnosed with malignant melanoma shortly after we returned from the cruise. The tumor is in her mouth, and the prospects are not good. Chemo is not an option for these types of tumors, but there is a new treatment that may or may not help. We’re going to do everything we can for her. Turtle’s been a part of our family for 10 years. Needless to say, we’re devastated. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She needs all the help she can get right now.

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...

You must be logged in to post a comment. Not yet a member? Registration is fast and free!