// //

Thursday, November 23, 2017 - Welcome, guest user!

2008 bulking meal plans posted and discussed.

Monday, September 15, 2008 by  
Filed under Daily Blog

September
15
2008

My 2008 bulking meal plan has been completed and posted! I’d like to talk a bit about what I’ll be consuming during this year’s bulk (which starts on September 29, 2008)…

First off, you’ll quickly notice that there are two distinct meal plans: one for bulking and one for cutting. The reason for the two meal plans is because I’ll be injecting two brief periods of cutting (1 week each) with my bulking weeks (this is sometimes called “culking”). The idea behind this is to help keep my fat gains down. I will certainly add some fat on this bulk, but I don’t want a repeat of my 2006 bulk, during which I reached 236 pounds and 19% body fat. Putting on that much fat made for a very protracted cut – I had to lose a ridiculous 50 pounds in order for me to get back down to 6% body fat; I don’t want to go through that again.

My daily caloric intake during bulking weeks (weeks 1-4, 6-9 and 11-13) is a around 3,000 calories. Roughly 20% of my caloric intake will be from fats, 45% from carbs and 35% from protein. You’ll notice that (aside from protein powder) there are absolutely no processed foods in my diet. This “clean” diet is not an accident: I believe “clean”, all-natural foods are very important if you want to maximize your results.

Moving on to the cutting weeks of the meal plan (weeks 5 and 10), you’ll notice that my daily caloric intake has been reduced by around 500 calories per day. I’ll still be getting roughly 20% of my calories from healthy fats, but I’ll be reducing my carbohydrate intake to just 30% of my total calories, while proteins will make up close to 50% of my macronutrient intake.

I will sometimes substitute one equivalent protein for another in order to stave off dietary boredom. For example, I might choose to have shrimp one day instead of orange roughy. I’ll try to stay as close as I can to my posted macros, but they may vary slightly from day-to-day. Unless you compete, it seems pointless to make everything an exact science. Sort of takes the fun out of it, you know?

I will be having 1 “cheat” meal per week during my bulking weeks, and no “cheat” meals during my cutting weeks.

My supplement intake is fairly simple: a good multi-vitamin, an oil blend, joint support, AtLarge’s RESULTS (which contains dextrose, Beta Alanine, HMB and creatine), glutamine and amino acids.

Other than a glass of red wine with my Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, I will be consuming absolutely no alcohol. Also, I’ll be getting a minimum of 8 hours sleep each and every night.

I may need to alter these food plans as the bulk progresses. When and if I do, I’ll post new the food plans.

I’m out of time, but tomorrow I’ll post and go over my training splits and principles.

I want to thank my friend and professional natural bodybuilder “Mastover” for his invaluable assistance and input into my training and diet for this year’s bulk!

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...

You must be logged in to post a comment. Not yet a member? Registration is fast and free!