Asian Stir Fry
My favorite go-to stir fry. Easy, flexible healthy and delicious!
- 12 Oz grilled chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized chunks or 12 Oz shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 16 Oz bag of frozen stir fry veggies
- 1 red or yellow onion, rough chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha (very hot)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons corn starch (optional, will thicken the sauce)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over fairly high heat (I put my burner on 8).
- Add the veggies, onion and chicken (it will splatter, so keep kids and pets away).
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the garlic and ginger during the final minute or two of cooking.
- Remove all ingredients from the skillet (or push to the side if using a wok).
- Lower the heat a bit. Combine the last 7 ingredients, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Taste as you go. Add more Sriracha if you like things hot.
- Combine chicken and veggies with sauce and cook for about another minute, stirring constantly.
Yield: 2 servings. Try adding some toasted pine nuts or crushed roasted almonds when plating–great! Serve immediately with brown rice or noodles.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat 27.05g|
|Saturated Fat 2.95g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.3g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 6.9g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.2g|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g|
|* These values were kindly provided by the recipe submitter. John Stone Fitness LLC is not responsible for errors or omissions.|
Recipe submitted by John Stone