Grilled Shrimp with Brown Sugar and Cayenne Pepper
Easy to prepare, this healthy and delicious shrimp recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and heat!
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1.5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled with tails on
- 4 skewers
- Combine lime juice, oil, cayenne, brown sugar, garlic, and salt; mix well.
- Rub the shrimp in the spice mixture.
- Place shrimp and spices in a gallon sized sealable plastic bag and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Place shrimp on skewers.
- Grill shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side, until the shrimp have turned an opaque pink.
Yield: 2 servings.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat 10.4g|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.9g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3.3g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.4g|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g|
|* These values were kindly provided by the recipe submitter. John Stone Fitness LLC is not responsible for errors or omissions.|
Recipe submitted by John Stone