Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon with Sweet Pepper
Ready in a snap, this protein-packed salmon dish has just the right blend of sweet and savory.
- (2) 7-ounce salmon fillets
- Black Pepper
- 1.5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 small sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Place salmon fillets on a foil-lined baking pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake salmon, uncovered, at 425° (F) for 10 minutes.
- While salmon is cooking, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, mustard and vinegar in small saucepan; bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Brush glaze evenly over salmon and broil fillets for 1-2 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Add chopped sweet peppers and onions at plating.
Yield: 2 servings. Serve with brown rice mixed with chopped sweet peppers and green onions.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat 17.2g|
|Saturated Fat 3g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.2g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3.8g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g|
|* These values were kindly provided by the recipe submitter. John Stone Fitness LLC is not responsible for errors or omissions.|
Recipe submitted by John Stone