My 2010 Trek 4300 Disc mountain bike is for sale (loads of extras).
I’m selling my Trek 4300 Disc mountain bike (UPDATE: bike has been SOLD). The bike is in excellent condition, with only a few minor cosmetic blemishes. Practically every wearable part has been replaced with brand new parts. I purchased the bike new, and am the only owner. The bike has always been kept indoors and has been meticulously maintained. All the details along with plenty of photographs are below.
I’m including lots of extras with the bike. If you’re looking to get into mountain biking, you’ll have everything you need with this package, and then some. Also, I have another Trek 4300 mountain bike (16″ frame size, low miles) that I could include at a significant discount if you’re interested in buying a pair of bikes. Let me know if you are looking for two mountain bikes and I’ll get the details on the other bike over to you.
I am going to give first dibs to local buyers, as I would prefer to sell to someone who can put their hands on the bike and test ride it before deciding. I will be listing this bike on Craigslist today, so if you’re interested please contact me right away.
2010 Trek 4300 Disc
Frame & Fork:
- Alpha Black Aluminum w/semi-integrated head tube, formed down tube w/integrated gusset, formed top tube, monostay seatstay, forged dropouts w/rack and fender mounts, replaceable derailleur hanger
- 18″ Frame size
- Color: Gloss Black w/ red & white accents
- Front Suspension: Spinner 300 w/coil spring, lockout, 100mm travel
- Brakes: Shimano M416 Mechanical Disc
- Brake Levers/cables: Shimano Alivio ST-MC20 (BRAND NEW cables/housings & levers, Front & Rear)
- Brake Pads: Shimano BR-M416 BS01 Resin Disc Brake Pads (BRAND NEW Front & Rear)
- Shift Levers/cables: Shimano Alivio ST-MC20 (BRAND NEW cables/housings & levers, Front & Rear)
- Front Derailleur: Shimano C050
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Alivio M410-SGS
- Crankset: Shimano 8-Speed Alivio FC-M410, 22-32-42 (BRAND NEW)
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB-UN25/26 (113mm / 73mm) (BRAND NEW)
- Cassette: SRAM PG850 8-Speed, 11-32T (BRAND NEW)
- Chain: Shimano CN-HG50, 8-Speed (BRAND NEW)
- Pedals: Shimano PD-M647 Clipless Pedal with Outer Cage
- Seatpost: Bontrager SSR, 31.6mm diameter
- Saddle: Avenir Men’s 100 Series, Black/Silver (BRAND NEW)
- Handlebar: Bontrager SSR
- Grips: Hutchinson Piranha, locking
- Stem: Bontrager SSR
- Headset: Cane Creek VP-A42E, 1-1/8″ semi-integrated, sealed
- Hubs: Shimano M65
- Rims: Bontrager Ranger, 26″
- Tires: Bontrager XR3 Expert, 26×2.20 (BRAND NEW Front & Rear)
- Tubes: Avenir 26″, Schrader Valve (BRAND NEW Front & Rear)
The items noted BRAND NEW above are truly new and have less than 10 paved miles on them for testing and bedding in the brake pads. Again: new chain, new bottom bracket, new crankset, new cassette, new shifters (f/r), new brake levers (f/r), new brake cables (f/r), new shifter cables (f/r), new saddle, new tires (f/r), new tubes (f/r) and new brake pads (f/r).
CamelBak 50 ounce hydration unit
Cateye Micro Wireless bike computer
Flat Pedals (will install if desired)
(2) Spare tubes, new in box
(2) WTB Velociraptor tires
(2) 2012 Continental Mountain King Protection tires w/ Black Chili (less than 200 miles)
Original cost of bike: $639.99
New parts: $463.12
Approximate cost of extras: $350.00
Total invested: $1453.11
$550 cash takes everything listed above. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.