Yesterday morning I did a pretty tough training ride at Wekiwa. As you can see in the photo to the right, the short-lived benefit of the rain we received about a week ago is long gone: the sand was dry, deep and loose, and that made for an extra challenging workout.
I rode a total of 19.1 miles, and my effort over that 19 miles ranged from “hard” to “all out”. My average heart rate was 171 BPM over the nearly two hour ride. I rode at least two segments with my second best times ever, which I was pretty happy about considering the sandy conditions.
Unfortunately Strava’s recent segment matching issues (they are rolling out a new algorithm that is rife with problems) affected yesterday’s ride. Two segments that I rode did not match, and I think I had PRs (or close) on both of them. One segment in particular–a 9 mile segment–I’m very disappointed to not know my time, as I absolutely hammered it. Sucks to ride all-out for 45 minutes and then not have the segment match. I opened yet another trouble ticket with Strava support, which is becoming an unfortunate post-ride ritual. It’s not just me either, several of my friends are reporting recent segment matching issues, too. Strava did a good job of getting me hooked, so it’s frustrating when the service doesn’t work as it should (and once did).
By the way, I’ve put about 115 miles on my Schwalbe Rocket Ron tires. Absolutely no issues at all. The more I ride them the more I love them. Best overall XC MTB tire I’ve used, no question about it.
My legs feel good this morning, so I think I’m going to go ahead and knock out the last workout in the training program I’m following on TrainerRoad. The workout is 1.5 hours, and the toughest of the bunch in my current training program.
Have a great Saturday!