Spicy Lime Tilapia with Baby Spinach, Asparagus and Scallions
This low-calorie and extremely healthy spicy Tilapia dish is loaded with great flavor and is a snap to prepare!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Cups lightly packed baby spinach
- 12 Asparagus tips
- 2 Tilapia fillets (4 oz each)
- 2 Scallions, chopped
- 2 Lime quarters
- Salt and pepper
- Combine olive oil and red-pepper flakes in a small bowl; microwave on high for 30 seconds and set aside.
- For each serving, lay an 18-inch length of aluminum foil flat on a work surface
- arrange half the spinach and six asparagus tips in center of foil.
- Place a Tilapia fillet on top of veggies and top with half the chili oil, half the scallion pieces and the juice from a lime quarter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the foil up and over the food, crimping the edges closed and creasing the sides to form a tent.
- Bake in a 450°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
Yield: 2 servings. For a little more protein, use larger Tilapia fillets. I use 6-ounce fillets, which adds ~10g protein and 55 calories. Adjust spice level to your taste. I like things spicy, so I use 1.5 teaspoons of red pepper flakes instead of just 1/2 teaspoon. Excellent with brown rice.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat 9g|
|Saturated Fat 1.8g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.9g|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g|
|* These values were kindly provided by the recipe submitter. John Stone Fitness LLC is not responsible for errors or omissions.|
Recipe submitted by John Stone