Ultimate Recovery Smoothie
After a hard ride, this healthy smoothie tastes great and gives my body the recovery nutrients it needs. For best results consume within 30 minutes of completing your workout.
- 2 cups (16 fluid ounces) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 medium banana, frozen
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 Scoop (30g) vanilla protein powder
- 10-15 drops liquid Stevia (or 1 packet of sweetener)
- 1 cup ice (about 9 cubes)
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. I use and recommend the Blendtec Total Blender. Enjoy!
Yield: 1 serving. Peel banana before freezing (I freeze several at once in a large freezer bag). I also make a triple chocolate version of this shake by using chocolate protein powder and unsweetened chocolate almond milk. Feel free to add/subtract ingredients based on your own tastes and recovery needs!
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat 15g|
|Saturated Fat 2g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 41g|
|Dietary Fiber 8g|
|* These values were kindly provided by the recipe submitter. John Stone Fitness LLC is not responsible for errors or omissions.|
Recipe submitted by John Stone