JSF Forms changes: my proposal to the community.
In a couple of recent blogs (see “New forums to be added? Suggestions and feedback encouraged!” and “Follow-up to yesterday’s blog: JSF Forum changes are coming.“), I talked about a few changes to the JSF Forums that I have been considering.
There are nearly 1,000,000 existing posts on the JSF Forums, so I had to make my choices with that in mind. Clearly I can’t go through and start moving individual posts around. Also, I have no interest in closing down exiting forums or making some forums “read only”. I want folks to be able to comment on existing threads, even if they find it years down the road. Just because something is old doesn’t make it irrelevant. I make that statement with some amount of bias. 😉
So, in concert with all of your excellent comments and suggestions, I’ve taken my own ideas and come up with a tentative plan. This morning I’d like to present that plan to the community. While it would be impossible to please everyone, I do care what everyone thinks: this is your community. Speak your mind–this is not necessarily final!
- Rename existing forum section “Main Fitness Forums” to “Fat Loss, Muscle Building & Body Transformation“
- Create new forum section “Participatory Sports”
- In “Participatory Sports”, create the following new forums:
- Road Cycling
- Mountain Biking and Cyclocross
- Triathlons & Ironmans
- Sports Nutrition & Supplements
- Sports Equipment, Repair & Maintenance
- Move the existing “General Health & Fitness, Injuries and Sports” forum to the new “Participatory Sports” section
- Rename “General Health & Fitness, Injuries and Sports” to “General Health & Fitness, Injuries and Other Sports“
Love it? Hate it? Needs a little tweaking? Have some other ideas? Let me know!