Central Florida Cyclists and Mountain Bikers – New Private Forum.
As a result of a discussion on Strava with some local friends, I’ve set up a new private forum exclusively for Central Florida cyclists and mountain bikers. The main impetus behind the new forum is to provide a place for locals to set up group rides, but it will also serve as a place to organize meet-ups and other cycling-related social gatherings (should involve beer), trade post-ride war stories, post pictures or just hang out and shoot the shit.
Only local Florida cyclists and mountain bikers (aged 16+) will be allowed to view, access or post in this forum. The forum is private, and it will always remain so. I will personally vet every member who has access to this section, so there won’t be any problems with spam or trolls. Also, know that nothing in this new section can be accessed or indexed by search engines such as Google or Bing; your posts will never go beyond our virtual walls.
So, if you are a cyclist or mountain biker, live in the Central Florida area and are at least 16 years old, then you are invited! If you don’t have a JSF account, go here and create one (I recommend that you use your real name so we know who is who, but an alias is fine if that’s your preference). The JSF Forums can be found here.
Once you create your account, contact me using some personally identifiable means of communication (Strava, phone, text message, Facebook, whatever) with your forum user name so I can verify your identity. At that point I’ll add you to the private forum. Again, this group is for local (Central Florida) cyclists and mountain bikers only.
After I’ve added you to the “Locals” member group, then you’ll be able to access the new private forum. Scroll down to the bottom of the JSF Forums and you’ll see the new section. I’ve posted an “Introductions” thread, so please introduce yourself and post your contact information (if you like).
A few benefits:
- This service is 100% free, and will remain 100% free.
- The JSF Forum supports the excellent (and free) Tapatalk mobile app.
- JSF Members can post public messages on the forum, and can also contact one another via private message.
- Thread subscriptions provide instant email notifications (or, optionally, daily/weekly digests) for threads you have replied to or are otherwise interested in following.
- The Tapatalk app supports push notifications for subscribed threads and private messages.
- You can customize your forum experience (avatar, profile, signature, options) through your user control panel.
- Excellent way to organize and stay up to date on group rides and gatherings, especially with instant thread notifications via email and push notifications via Tapatalk.
- Well-established: the JSF Forums have been online for more than 10 years, and contain nearly 1,000,000 posts.
- Private and secure, does not require Facebook or other social media accounts.
- We do not spam or provide your information to any third parties for any reason–PERIOD.
- The JSF Forums are owned and operated by a local cyclist.
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns, I’m happy to help. I hope to see many of you in the new section soon–let’s ride! 🙂