Tilapia with Tomato, Scallions and Garlic
A light and delicious tilapia dish that takes just minutes to prepare!
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tilapia fillets (6 oz each)
- 4 Scallions, chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Juice from 1 small lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the tomato, scallions, garlic, lime, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Lay two 18-inch lengths of aluminum foil (one for each fillet) flat on a work surface.
- Place a tilapia fillet on foil and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil; repeat for second fillet.
- Top each fillet with half the tomato mixture.
- Fold the foil up and over the food, crimping the edges closed and creasing the sides to form a tent.
- Bake in a 425°F oven for approximately 15 minutes or until done.
- Drizzle sauce in foil packets over the veggies on top of the fish just before serving.
Yield: 2 servings. This is also very good using shallots instead of scallions. For another tasty variant, add a little fresh thyme to the tomato mixture.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat 18g|
|Saturated Fat 4g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 6g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|* These values were kindly provided by the recipe submitter. John Stone Fitness LLC is not responsible for errors or omissions.|
Recipe submitted by John Stone