Already feeling the difference; Last night’s dinner.
This cut has been just what I needed. I’m glad I decided to do it.
I expect to be at my goal in about 5 weeks, so this is going to be a pretty short one. It’s going to be great heading into the new year already at race weight! Good thing, too, because the new race season starts at the end of January. I’m stoked.
I may only be 10 days into the cut, but I’m already noticing the positive effects, which include:
- I’m sleeping more soundly, and waking up feeling more refreshed.
- My Power-to-Heart Rate ratio so far this month is 1.40w/BPM. That’s even higher than last month’s new lifetime best of 1.39w/BPM.
- I’m only down 6.2 pounds so far (173 pounds @ around 10% body fat as of yesterday), but I the reduced weight is noticeable when I’m hitting hills. I’ve got about 10 more pounds to go, so this is just a taste.
- My stamina is noticeably improved, and my cardio feels stronger. I think a large part of the reason is because I’m completely abstaining from alcohol.
- Despite a number of stressful things going on in my life right now, I feel more positive than I have been in months.
Nothing ground-breaking here, of course: clean diet, exercise and no alcohol.
Last night I prepared one of my favorite dishes, Cilantro Salmon, for dinner:
I guess it’s been a couple months since I last cooked the Cilantro Salmon dish, and I’d almost forgotten how incredible it is. While Lisa and I were eating I turned to her and said, “I feel like I’m eating a cheat meal!” She enthusiastically agreed.
Alright, I need to sign off and figure out if I feel like chancing the rain (we’ve been getting drenched all week), or riding inside today.