Roasted Cauliflower Soft Tacos with Spicy Chipotle Cream Sauce
Roasted cauliflower, veggies sauteed in olive oil and a spicy chipotle yogurt cream sauce. These vegetarian soft tacos deliver big flavors, with a spicy kick!
Ingredients – Tacos
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 4 soft wraps of choice (we used multi-grain)
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Ingredients – Veggies
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 medium bell peppers (any color)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Ingredients – Chipotle cream sauce
- 1 5.3 ounce container Greek yogurt
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Instructions – Tacos
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, place cauliflower on baking sheet in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil until lightly coated.
- Sprinkle cauliflower with salt, black pepper, minced chipotle and a little adobo sauce; toss to combine.
- Roast the cauliflower for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
While the cauliflower is roasting, prepare the veggies and chipotle cream sauce:
Instructions – Veggies
- Cut onion and bell pepper into thin slices.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Saute veggies in olive oil until onions and peppers start to brown.
Instructions – Chipotle cream sauce
- Place all sauce ingredients in a food processor and combine until smooth.
- Taste and add salt, pepper and extra spice, as desired.
Fill each tortilla with roasted cauliflower, the sauteed veggies and a big spoonful of the sauce. Top with fresh cilantro and a little lime juice. Enjoy!
Yield: 4 tacos (serves 2).